Primary Production annual fees changes
Following a recent review of our fees, we have developed a more customised, consistent and fairer fee structure. The new fee structure reflects the time, effort and complexity involved with certifying business.
The fees for primary production certification has not changed since 2013 and over this time we have absorbed increasing travel costs. From July 2016, certification fees are changing from $1,850 to $1,795 + GST + auditor costs.
Annual fee: $1,795 + GST + auditor travel fees
The annual fee includes:
- licence fees and certification for IFOAM, USDA, EU and COR
- online compliance management system (OMP)
- assessment of your main facility for compliance with BioGro Organic Standards
- standard on-site audit by accredited BioGro auditor
- technical and standards support by qualified staff and auditors during the certification year
- use of the BioGro certification logo on product labels and promotional material
- technical bulletins and notifications as required
- an extension or change to products listed on main certification at any time of the certification period
- listing of products and business on the BioGro website
- one free BioGro gate/facility sign
- access to IFOAM norms for organic production and processing
- access to USDA National Organic Programme (NOP) (USA)
- access to Ministry for Primary Industries (Technical Rules) - Organic Wine for EU
- access to MAF Technical Rules (equivalent to EC Reg. 834/2007 and 889/2008)
- access to Canada Organic Regime (COR)
- $150 for Waikato, Bay of Plenty, Taranaki, Tasman, Nelson and Marlborough
- $175 for Auckland, Manawatu, Hawke’s Bay, Wellington, Canterbury and Otago
- $250 for Northland, Gisborne, West Coast and Southland
One off audit or special $POA
Auditor’s travel costs are billed separately and include car rental, flights and accommodation as required.
We schedule as many audits in your area as possible to enable us to minimise auditor travel times and reduce travel costs. Therefore your audit date will be booked into a very tight schedule.
If need to change the date your audit is scheduled on we will do our best to get a date that fits in with the next group audit in your area.
If you require a one off or special audit we will calculate the travel cost and inform you before bookings are made.
Change to fees
All fees are subject to change without notice and will be billed on an annual basis.
Livestock, including dairy, sheep and beef, are not exported to Canada and therefore will not be certified against COR standards.